Micromax A116 Canvas HD
Micromax has no intentions of slowing down when it comes to the phablet onslaught. It has announced the successor of Canvas 2 A110 – A116 Canvas HD, which raises the bar for mid-range Android phones. The A116 has a higher definition screen and a more powerful quad-core CPU, something that hasn’t been seen in low price range till now. Its primary competitor will be Samsung Galaxy Grand. The phone is expected to be available in February with the price tag of around Rs. 14990.
- Android 4.1 Jelly Bean Dual-SIM
- 5” Inch Display with 720p IPS screen, 294ppi pixel density
- Quad-core processor – MediaTek MT6589
- Cortex-A7 CPU 1.2GHz, 1GB of RAM, Power Series 5XT GPU.
- 8MP Main camera and VGA FF camera
- 4GB of Built-in storage
- 3G GSM, Wi-Fi, Bluetooth and GPS.
- Battery – 2100mAh.
Karbon S1 Titanium
Battling for recognition in the Indian market, Karbon has announced its S1 Titanium phone. Though there is no official declaration on the availability of the phone, it is expected that the device will be available by mid February.S1 Titanium is India’s first quad-core CPU smartphone powered by a Qualcomm Snapdragon processor. The phone can be pre-booked on the Karbon’s official website at Rs 10,990.
- 4.5 -inch HD (960×540) multi-touch capacitive touch display
- Android 4.1
- 1.2GHz Qualcomm Snapdragon processor
- 5-megapixel autofocus camera with LED flash
- VGA front camera
- 4GB of internal storage expandable upto 32GB via microSD
- Dual-SIM functionality (GSM+GSM)
- 3G, Wi-Fi 802.11 b/g/n, Bluetooth with A2DP, EDGE, GPRS and GPS
- 1,600MAh battery claiming upto 4 hours of talk time
Samsung Galaxy Grand
The leaders in smart phones ‘Samsung’ launched its latest smart phone – Galaxy Grand Duos in the Indian market recently. It is a phablet with a reasonable price tag keeping in mind the mid-ranged customers. The new phone has dual-sim capability with some high-end smart phone features, latest version of Android OS and some of the apps found only in Samsung’s high-end devices. The official price of the phone is Rs.21,500.
- 5 Inch TFT LCD Display
- 1.2 GHz Dual Core Processor
- 1GB RAM
- Android 4.1.2
- Bluetooth 4.0
- 3G, Wi-Fi
- 8GB On-Board Storage
- Micro SD Slot
- 2MP Front Facing Camera
- 8MP Rear Camera with LED Flash
- 2100 MAh Battery
HTC has launched its new smart phone – Butterfly, in India last month. This device has broken all price barriers for Android smart phones in India and has been priced around Rs 45,900, though its official price is Rs 49,990. HTC’s new Butterfly is above Apple i-Phone 5’s base model and Nokia Lumia 920 in terms of pricing, and much ahead of Samsung Galaxy S III.
- Snapdragon S4 PRO 1.5 GHz Quad Core Processor
- 2GB RAM
- 5 Inch 1080p Display
- Android 4.1
- 16GB On-Board Storage
- 8MP Camera
- 2020 MAh Battery.
Read our HTC Butterfly review