- Life & Style
- Cars and Bikes
- Your Opinion
- Stories and Poems
Do you think Anna Hazare should join politics? Do you think the movement is failing? Read The ‘Movement’ in 2012
Post first published on September 5, 2011
Since last few months it’s Anna and just Anna everywhere. He has influenced many people, persuaded them to change their thinking, has changed the way people were originally trampling, broke the common man’s monotonous life.
Anna, sorry Brand Anna has made it to the Top 10 according to the latest data on the Pinstorm India Influencer list. And why he shouldn’t be ? He was there on television, online searches, movies, news for 24X7. Refusal of his daily meals has turned out to be a success mantra for him.
Let’s take a view of Anna’s journey from social activist to brand :-
1. Over 1.5 million people were glued to news channels, and established TRPs went for a toss. According to data by TAM Media Research, the overall share of news channel genre jumped from 9.6% to 13.8%.
According to TAM’s News Content Track, reports on the Jan Lokpal Bill bagged 77% coverage in the first half of August.
2. 16th, August Anna was arrested and within hours, 180,000 internet users signed an online petition to free him.
3. Popular shows such as Balika Vadhu, Pratigya and Uttaran which were ruling the roost till now, saw a fall.
4. People all over the world were curious to find out about the identity of the man who got the movement started. And so, Google saw 122,000,000 search results (0.31 seconds) from people.
5. The Anna Hazare jokes on Google saw 3,780,000 result hits, that’s 0.19 per second.
6. India Against Corruption Facebook fans saw 500,000 people joining in and supporting Hazare’s India Against Corruption campaign. The page has more than 400,000 ‘likes’ on its Facebook page.
7.Anna’s interview, recorded inside Tihar Jail has been visited by more than 100,000 people on YouTube. @Janlokpal followers on Twitter are 100,000, with Pinstorm giving them a Klout score of 80. This is higher than that of actor Amitabh Bachchan.
8.Most trending topics on microblogging website Twitter for over the past two weeks has been Anna. Examples being, #anna, #annahazare, #isupportannahazare and #janlokpal.
9. Indian flag, tricolour bangles and tricolour badges were sold in thousands.
10. Two movies have already been planned on him and his movement. And there is more to come.
11. The number of people at Ramlila Maidan when Anna ended his fast was around 80,000. On day 1, it was 10,000, so you can imagine the magnitude. That’s Anna Hazare’s popularity for you.