Looking at the current car market, the buyers are often puzzled over which vehicle to choose from the lot when it comes to the budget car segment. Most of the cars fall under Rs 10 lakhs thus buyers have plenty of options to go with. The thing which makes this category interesting is the fact that niche segments like compact crossovers are also available apart from sedans and MPVs. So here are the top five best cars in India below 10 lakhs that have emerged as big sale boosters for auto companies.
Maruti Suzuki Ertiga
The car can accommodate seven passengers with adequate space. Exteriors of Ertiga are designed in such a way that it appears more like a regular car than a SUV. The car offers luxury of a sedan and design that of a hatch. Maruti Ertiga is a perfect vehicle for city roads and offers fuel economy of 13-15 kmpl. It comes both in petrol and diesel engines with the price range of Rs 5.92 lakhs – Rs 8.63 lakhs (Ex-showroom).
- Petrol variant has 1.4 litre engine with maximum power of 93.8Bhp and maximum torque of 130 Nm with a displacement of 1373cc
- 1.3L turbo diesel engine with DDiS and 1248cc of displacement. Peak power of 88.8Bhp with a peak torque of 200 Nm
- Anti-lock Braking System (ABS) with EBD and engine immobilizer and high tensile roof
- Front ventilated disc brakes and rear drum brakes
- Available in 7 colors: Ecru Beige, Serene Blue, Fire Brick Red, Silky Silver, Granite Grey, Superior White and Dusky Brown
- Kenwood MP3 player with FM, AM Radio and a single CD player that includes a remote function
- 4+2 speakers and USB compatibility
Skoda Auto has been an emblem of luxury in the Indian market. Boasting the same premium exteriors of terrific metallic finish and solid muscular looks, Skoda Rapid is based on the same platform as that of Volkswagen Vento. The car has comfortable seats having sufficient head and legroom. It comes with petrol as well as diesel engines, with 12 – 17 kmpl of mileage. Skoda Rapid falls in the price range of Rs 6.93 lakhs – Rs 9.71 lakhs (Ex-showroom).
- Petrol engine is 1598cc, 4 Cylinder, 8 Valve – 105 Bhp power and 153 Nm torque
- Diesel engine is 1598cc, 4 Cylinder, 8 Valve – 105 Bhp power and 250 Nm torque
- Available in seven variants: Active Plus petrol, Ambition Plus petrol, Ambition Plus petrol Automatic, Elegance petrol, Elegance automatic, Active Plus diesel and Ambition Plus diesel
- Available in five shades: Deep Black, Candy White, Flash Red, Brilliant Silver and Cappuccino Beige
- Dual SRS airbags and ABS.
Hyundai Fluidic Verna
Hyundai’s fluidic Verna was first launched as Hyundai Verna in 2011. The Verna was a huge success because of its style & the demand for diesel cars at that time. Even the segment leader Honda City sales began to gradually fall due to non availability of its diesel version. Verna has a spacious cabin which is loaded with an array of features and an efficient engine. It delivers spectacular mileage of 13-16 kmpl with petrol and 18-20 kmpl with the diesel variant. It comes both in manual and automatic versions. Hyundai Verna is available in the price slot of Rs 7.13 lakhs – Rs 11.30 lakhs (Ex-showroom).
- Comes in 10 variants – 5 petrol and 5 diesel
- Available in both petrol and diesel – total 4 engine options
- Available in six attractive shades
- SRS airbags, ABS and EBD (top model)
- Automatic climate control system, dash integrated music system, steering mounted audio controls
- Engine start/stop push button (top model)
- 16 inch alloy wheels and fog lights
Renault Duster was launched in July 2012. Marketed as a potential compact crossover with enough space to seat five passengers, Renault Duster has a powerful 1.5L dCi diesel engine and 1.6L petrol engine. With immense road presence and good ground clearance, Duster is the new heartthrob of Indians car enthusiasts. Duster offers fuel economy of 12-14 kmpl with petrol and 17-19 kmpl with diesel. It is priced in the range of Rs 7.49 lakhs – Rs 11.69 lakhs (Ex-showroom).
- 1.6 K4M petrol engine comes with a maximum power of 100.6 bhp at 5850 rpm and 145 NM of torque coming at 3750 rpm
- 1.5dci K9K engine offers 200 NM of torque coming at 1900 rpm
- Bluetooth, AM/FM, CD and MP3 player with USB port, 4 speakers and remote control functions
- Anti-lock Brake System (ABS), Emergency Brake Assist, an Electronic Brake force Distribution (EBD)
- Manual air conditioning with climate control
Honda City has been one of the best-selling cars in this segment. It is a beautiful sedan which has overrun other cars in its segment for more than 10 years. It was first launched in India in 1998 and since then a lot of innovations have been made to continuously grab the Indian market. Honda City was given the recognition as the “Car of the Year” in 2009. The car comes with petrol engine. It falls in the price range of Rs. 7.2 lakhs – Rs. 11 lakhs (Ex- showroom).
- 1.5 litre i-VTEC 4 cylinders feature 4-valves per cylinder
- 1497cc power house can generate a maximum power of 116.38 bhp at 6600 rpm
- 0 – 100 kmph in just 10 seconds and delivers a maximum speed mark of 170 kmph.
- Dual front SRS air-bags
- ABS with EBD (Electronic Brake Force Distribution)
- Available in six attractive shades: Carnelian Red Pearl, Sparkling Brown Metallic, Urban Titanium Metallic, Bold Beige Metallic, Albaster Silver Metallic, Taffeta White
You may also like to read:
This Page is About:
- top ranked cars in india
- best racing car within 16 laks
- best petrol car in india within 10 lakhs
- best cars under 10 lacs
- sedan cars in india below 10 lakhs
- mpv under 10 lakhs
- luxury cars in india under 10 lakhs
- luxury cars in india below 10 lakhs
- best selling car under Rs 10 lakhs
- best car in india images