There has been a fallout in the University of Delhi (DU) that has led to the decision of scrapping BA/ BCom / BCs programmes (hitherto known as pass courses). These seats will now be distributed among other courses. The courses which are more in demand will get these seats. As a result of more seats, a marginal dip in cut offs for this year DU admission is expected.
Colleges in Delhi University which will get more seats for popular courses
- Deen Dayal Upadhyaya
- LSR (Lady Shri Ram)
- St Stephen’s
St. Stephen’s College currently offers 10 undergraduate courses, out of which two were BA and BSc programmes. As these will be scrapped, the rest of the eight courses will get those seats distributed among themselves as per their popularity and facilities.
Who will be benefited by this move?
The high scorers who missed the course of their choice in Delhi University admissions by a fraction of marks are most likely to benefit.
An approximate idea of number of seats in DU
- Number of seats that were in the BA programme : 11075
- Number of seats that were in the BCom programme : 7000
- Number of seats in the BCom (Hons.) programme : 5000
More hons. streams that are expected to get more seats : Botany, Chemistry, English, Economics, History, Mathematics, Physics, Political Science and Zoology.
More on DU Admissions updates
Gargi College officiating principal has said that they would like to introduce honours course in mathematics. Also intake in courses like chemistry, english, history, microbiology, philosophy, physics, political science, psychology and zoology may be increased as per availability of faculty strength and facilities.
Deen Dayal Upadhyaya College has approached the University of Delhi with a request to introduce Economics (Hons.) course.
This Page is About:
- delhi university cut off in 2013 for bsc hons
- cutoffs for zoology honours
- cutoff for english honors in delhi university
- Last year Eng Hons Cut off 2013
- du last year cutoff for english hons
- du cutoffs bsc hons2013
- Du cutoff for maths hons 2013
- du cut offs bsc hons 2013
- du cut off 2013 for economics honours
- du bsc hon cutoff increases every year