OTET (Odisha Teachers’ Eligibility Test) was conducted by State Board of Secondary Education on Sunday. The Exam has been made compulsory for appointment of teachers in Primary and upper primary schools in the state. This first was the first exam, it was an essential eligibility criterion for any teacher under National Council for Teachers’ Education.
1.45 lakh candidates had applied for the test, accordingly 392 centres were set up across the state to hold the exam. More than 1 Lakh of these appeared for the OTET.
1. The OTET is conducted in two papers.
2. Candidates satisfying the qualification mentioned at category-A or pursuing final year of two year Diploma Training Course recognized by NCTE or RCI can take OTET only in Paper-I. [See Eligibility here]
3. Candidates satisfying the qualification mentioned at category-B or pursuing final year of Degree Training Course recognized by NCTE or RCI can take OTET only in Paper-II. [See Eligibility here]
4. The duration of the test in each paper is one hour and thirty minutes.
5. All questions will be multiple choice questions, each carrying one mark with four alternatives out of which the candidate has to find out the correct answer.
6. The question papers in non language subjects shall be in Odia and English.
7. Following languages shall be offered in Language – I. Odia, Hindi, Telugu, Urdu & Bengali. The candidates have to choose any one of these four languages.
8. Language – II shall be English for all candidates.
9. There shall be no negative marking.
10. The candidates shall give the answers on OMR Sheet.
11. The validity period of OTET qualifying certificate/ mark sheet shall be for a period of 07 years from the date of OTET examination.
12. There shall be no restriction on the no. of attempts a person can take for acquiring OTET certificate. A person who has qualified OTET may also appear again for improving his/ her score.
13. The minimum pass mark in each paper is 60%. A person securing 60% or more in a paper shall be considered OTET pass. In case of SC, ST, OBC, SEBC & PH candidates, the minimum pass mark shall be 50%.
14. The weightage of OTET score in the recruitment process shall be decided by the Govt. from time to time.
15. Certificates and Score Cards shall be issued to successful candidates after proper verification of their eligibility mentioned at Para-(i) above.
Odisha Teacher Eligibility Test Quick Links
- Odisha Teacher Eligibility Test (OTET) 2012
- OTET 2012 Eligibility Criteria
- OTET 2012 Structure and Content of Exam
- OTET 2012 Syllabus
- OTET 2012 Result
This Page is About:
- TEACHER ELIGIBLE TEST